VITAS Solves the Challenges of High-Risk End-of-Life Patients
When your high-risk end-of-life patient has complex needs and challenging symptoms, VITAS can help.
VITAS offers hospice and palliative care solutions and protocols that many other hospice providers do not.
Our modalities include:
- Intravenous therapies (pain management and PCA; inotrope therapy for advanced heart disease; hydration; antibiotics)
- Paracentesis and thoracentesis
- Chest tube/PleurX
- High-flow oxygen therapy
- Palliative blood transfusions
- BiPAP, CPAP and Trilogy non-invasive ventilation
- PEG-tube care and tube feedings
- Mechanical ventilation discontinued at home
- Nephrostomy tube management
- Wound care
- Palliative total parenteral nutrition (TPN)
- Palliative dialysis
- Specialized durable medical equipment (DME)
- PT, OT and speech therapy
- Palliative oncologic therapies on an individual basis for pain relief and symptom management
VITAS improves patients’ quality of life and manages complex symptoms for a variety of diagnoses. You provide care across the continuum with lower patient-care costs and fewer hospital readmissions 9-1-1 calls, ED visits, after-hours phone calls and medical crises.
VITAS Steps in Quickly with Options and Expertise
Once a hospice referral is in motion, an interdisciplinary VITAS team works with you to provide care when and where it’s most appropriate: in the home, nursing home, assisted living facility, hospital or an inpatient setting. When medically necessary, shifts of 24/7 continuous care are brought to the bedside, keeping your patient comfortably at home. At VITAS we call this Intensive Comfort Care®.
End-of-life care can be challenging and difficult. When it’s time for hospice, VITAS is the expert in caring for high-risk, complex patients. Call us for an evaluation or refer your patients to VITAS for quality of life at the end of life.