Join the VITAS Nursing Team
View all current nursing job openings.
Being a hospice nurse for VITAS Healthcare means making a positive difference in the lives of patients and families every day.
VITAS hospice nurses are key members of each patient’s interdisciplinary hospice team. They specialize in providing direct, personal care to our hospice patients, and they serve as valuable resources for patients’ families.
VITAS stands by their values and their mission. They stand by us as employees.
Hospice nursing is challenging work that is personally gratifying, professionally fulfilling, and conducted with the support of a collaborative interdisciplinary team. Hospice nurses must have superior clinical and people skills to make an impact in an industry-leading company and healthcare provider that expects the best from its employees while supporting their growth and success.
As a hospice nurse with VITAS, you can expect:
- Mentorship and support from an entire team of hospice professionals—physician, aide, social worker, chaplain, bereavement specialist, and volunteer
- Control of your patient schedule, to see your patients when they need to be seen
- A mission-driven and fulfilling career dedicated to making a difference in the lives of patients with advanced illness
- A visible, collaborative management team dedicated to furthering your clinical expertise and realizing your career aspirations
- A caring culture that supports your professional growth with the resources you need to succeed in a safe, productive environment
- Tuition reimbursement to gain new skills or support a career transition to other positions and roles at the nation’s leading hospice provider
The Life of a Hospice Nurse
Jena Ruehl was living in Columbus, Ohio, and visited her hometown, Cincinnati, because her grandmother was dying. Her friend, a former VITAS Healthcare employee, told Jena VITAS was hiring and suggested she apply. “She said it was a great place to work.”
Jena knew very little about hospice care but found that she enjoys the one-on-one time she can spend with her patients.
“I think what makes VITAS different is the people that work here. We not only do our job, but I feel like a lot of us go above and beyond and really care for our patients and for the families.”
Erika Avila had already made the move to hospice when she attended a job fair. She applied for a position at VITAS and was hired the next day.
“I accepted the job with VITAS because, besides the many benefits they offer, VITAS allows me one-on-one time with my patients. And I believe in their values, that we take care of each other, patients and families come first, and we make a difference.”
Learn more about the benefits of working as a hospice nurse for VITAS:
Experience the profound satisfaction of meaningful work that makes a difference in the lives of others. Become a VITAS nurse.
Contact us to learn about hospice nurse jobs:
Please note: this is not a formal job application. Visit this page to apply for a hospice nurse job.