How We Help Home Healthcare Agencies
As Americans live longer, a greater number of them will have multiple chronic conditions, such as dementia, heart failure, chronic lung disease and limited-to-declining functional independence.
Home healthcare is ideal for patients who are stable or improving. But patient decline is distressing for everyone, especially if it involves repeated hospitalizations or failure to achieve therapy goals.
VITAS is a positive solution to this type of home healthcare challenge. Your patient is elevated to the appropriate level of care for improved quality of life, and the agency sees improved satisfaction scores, lower readmission rates, and reduced partial episode payments.
- What does a hospice-eligible patient look like? Your home healthcare patients might be ready for a hospice evaluation if they do not show signs of improvement.
- What are the benefits of hospice care for the patient? Hospice services and palliative care support the patient’s physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- How can VITAS help my agency? VITAS works with agencies and attending physicians whose patients who may qualify for a hospice evaluation.
- Who orders hospice? Anyone can request a hospice discussion.
- How do VITAS services differ from home healthcare services? Hospice is for patients near the end of life, while home health can be for patients with any prognosis.