Grieving Support Groups: Remote, Virtual, and Online
VITAS Healthcare support groups provide information and guidance to those experiencing grief and loss.
We offer an assortment of phone-in support groups and Zoom video support groups, free of charge, to help meet the needs of caregivers. These support groups are offered by VITAS Bereavement Services.
Our offerings include ongoing support groups, as well as a selection of support groups that last for a 6-week or 14-week session. Please check back, as new groups are added often.
Current Ongoing Support Groups
These are held weekly on Zoom for 60 minutes per session:
- Parents Grieving Adult Children: Mondays (3 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. CT / Noon PT)
- LGBTQ+ and Grief: Tuesdays (6:30 p.m. ET / 5:30 p.m. CT / 3:30 p.m. PT)
- Grupo de Apoyo General para Hispanoparlantes: Wednesdays (8 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. CT / 5 p.m. PT)
This is held monthly via telephone for 60 minutes per session:
- Men and Grief: 1st Friday (1 p.m. ET / 12 p.m. CT / 10 a.m. PT)
Upcoming 6-Week Support Groups
These will be held weekly on Zoom for 60 minutes per session:
- Parental Loss: Mondays (5 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. CT / 2 p.m. PT)
- Starts on Dec. 4
- General Grief: Fridays (11 a.m. ET / 10 a.m. CT / 8 a.m. PT)
- Starts on Dec. 8
This will be held weekly via telephone for 60 minutes per session:
- Seniors and Loss: Thursdays (1:30 p.m. ET / 12:30 CT / 10:30 PT)
- Starts on Dec. 7
If you'd like to participate in a Zoom video support group, you can view these instructions. Our phone-in and Zoom support groups are not held on these three federal holidays: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.