Find a Hospice Job in the Miami Area
Browse Open Healthcare Positions in South Florida
Are you in search of hospice jobs in South Florida? VITAS offers a variety of healthcare jobs near you that lead to promising careers in the hospice profession in Miami-Dade and Monroe counties. Apply to VITAS hospice jobs in Miami and the FL Keys now. We have openings in several categories, including:
- Social worker
- Business development
- Home medical equipment
- Warehouse technician
- Medical service technician
Benefits of Working for VITAS in Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties
From wellness resources to financial benefits, take advantage of numerous perks that come along with VITAS hospice jobs at VITAS locations in Miami, Hialeah, North Miami Beach, and throughout South Florida, including:
- Health and well-being: Health coverage, HSA, free preventive care, telehealth visits, vision/dental options, and opportunities to earn discounts on healthcare premiums
- Financial stability: Tuition reimbursement, competitive wages, 401(k) with company match and investment options, Rx benefits (Express Scripts), employee discounts on goods and services, optional life/disability/legal/cancer/hospital/accident insurance, FSA for child/dependent care, and access to Lincoln Financial services for travel, identify theft, and financial/estate planning
- Work-life balance: Generous PTO and PTO rollover, free roadside assistance, and health resources and app-based tools for fitness, nutrition, sleep, weight management, mental health, and more
Apply for Hospice Jobs in Miami, FL and surrounding areas:
Registered Nurse Inpatient Full-Time Miami, FL 33136
Case Management and Supervision
- Follows VITAS policies and standards (See VITAS Standards Manual) and practices within the scope of the RN license
- Reports any request to practice outside of scope of license to the manager/supervisor
- Supervision of (VITAS employed and contracted) nursing tasks delegated to Hospice Aides, Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses (and contracted Registered Nurses) and Volunteers per the plan of care
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments including physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and bereavement
- Appropriately identifies/utilizes resources, referrals such as PT, OT, Home Health, Dietary, Pharmacy, Supplies, Home Medical Equipment, and other visits/consults
- Completes documentation at the time of the event and at the location of care unless otherwise directed
- Provides education to patients, families, caregivers and referral sources
- Participates in patient care meetings as assigned
- Participates in weekly team meetings
- Provides effective communication/shift reports through written, verbal, reporting and body language
- Participates in bereavement support
- Participates in the on-call rotation and/or provides shifts during non-business hours such as evenings, weekends and holidays based upon program-identified needs
- Provides visits/shifts in program coverage area
- Develops, coordinates, and follows the patient's individualized plan of care
- Appropriately delegates nursing tasks to Hospice Aides/Homemakers, Volunteers, and Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses
- All factors pertinent to the patient's safety, including the competence of the Hospice Aide/Homemaker have been assessed
- Determination that this activity can be delegated safely to a Hospice Aide/Homemaker
- Connecticut -For activities other than those listed in section 1913D69(d)(3)of the Connecticut Department of Public Health delegated to a Hospice/Homemaker, the RN will document in the clinical record that:
- Provides nursing care including nursing tasks that may be delegated to other roles such as LPNs, HHAs and Volunteers
- Participates in and monitors patient and family care compliance activities
- Professionally manages/coordinates the hospice plan of care
- Provides and follows infection control practices
- Delivers care in accordance with the patient's plan of care
- Provides primary nursing care for inpatient and continuous care patients as assigned
- Participates in the Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) Program and related activities as assigned. This may include, but is not limited to
- participation in Performance Improvement Project(s) (PIP)
- Gathering clinical data which is used for quality measures
- Develops and achieves professional growth goals and objectives personally and per Team Manager reviews
- Responsible for attending orientation and regularly scheduled in-services/educational conferences as assigned
- Participates in orientation of Hospice Aides, Volunteers and other IDG members as assigned
- Participates in training activities internally within VITAS and externally as assigned
- Maintains focus on the patient and family experience of care
- Serves as a patient and family advocate
- Reports patient/family/customer complaints to Team Manager
- Participates in patient/family/customer conflict resolution as applicable.
- Represents the nursing profession, the VITAS site/location and VITAS overall in a positive manner
- Currently licensed as a R.N. in the state where the VITAS program is located.
- A minimum of two years experience in hospice, home health, or community health experience in the last five years.
- RN license
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATE
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Home Health Aide Inpatient Full-Time Miami, FL 33136
The Certified Home Health Aide is a non-exempt employee trained to provide personal care and services to the terminally ill to augment that care given by family members. Functions under the direct instruction and supervision of the VITAS nurse and/or the VITAS Team Manager.QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have one (1) year direct patient care experience in acute or sub acute care.
- Good documentation skills required.
- Ability to travel per job requirement.
- Certification in your state required.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Sr Dir Volunteer & Bereavement Services Full-Time Miami, FL 33131
Supports the delivery of quality volunteer and bereavement services to patients and families by VITAS programs through development of volunteer, Bereavement, Psychosocial and Spiritual Counseling programs, monitoring, coaching, mentoring, and problem solving. Encourages program staff to embrace the VITAS Values, VITAS Standards, and VITAS Best Practices, and to respond to the unique needs of patients and families under care.
- Analyzes the needs of patients and families related to bereavement and volunteer services to continue ongoing development of services that respond to those needs.
- Proactively monitors, reviews, analyses and audits Vx and other reports in order to evaluate program and company performance in areas related to volunteer and bereavement services and subsequently coaches programs via program-specific action plans
- Works with program leaders to assure that program volunteer and bereavement services reflect VITAS values, are cost effective, and that productivity and other VITAS standards are met
- Participates in the development of performance improvement and quality assurance projects related to volunteers and bereavement services, educational materials, and measurable project plans to meet VITAS’ strategic goals
- Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to program volunteer and bereavement staff to strengthen current performance and individual preparation for future advancement
- Provides education and training to patient care and other leaders during national meetings, web-based learning opportunities, etc.
- Serve as the leader/expert in volunteer/bereavement regulatory issues, compliance, and VITAS policies
- Collaborates with other departments to accomplish objectives
- Develops and manages employees within the department to assure that internal and external customer expectations are met or exceeded
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Two to five years’ prior healthcare or volunteer or bereavement administration experience, minimum of two years prior Vitas experience
- Prior marketing or sales experience preferred
- In depth knowledge of Vitas policies and procedures, Vx, and an understanding of program processes preferred.
- Must have in depth knowledge of federal and state regulations related to volunteers and bereavement
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function
- Ability to manage a staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work
- Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must be able to travel frequently.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Coordinator Payroll Full-Time Miami, FL 33131
Responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll in Oracle for all VITAS programs assigned. Handles all payroll related functions of the organization; this includes, maintaining all employment data, leave accrual data, garnishments, verifications of employment, direct deposits/pay cards and tax records. Provides customer service and assistance to program managers and employees regarding payroll questions and issues.
- Prepares employees’ separation check requests for states that requires final checks to be processed.
- Reviews and provides additional payment spreadsheets to Payroll lead for processing.
- Assist the benefits department with any questions and corrections needed.
- Generates manual check requests, stop payment and reversal requests.
- Validate checks count and assures accurate distribution of payroll packages to the programs.
- Updates employee’s pay card information upon hire or when changes are submitted.
- Maintains leave accrual records and makes all necessary adjustments and updates.
- Maintains employment data in Oracle.
- Responsible for handling verifications of employment and garnishments.
- Responds verbally or in writing to all payroll inquiries from Business Managers, field HR personnel, VITAS employees and garnishment vendors.
- Review time keeping issues prior to payroll processing.
- Audits variances during payroll processing.
- May perform entry level Payroll and HR Lead duties as required.
- Perform other additional duties as assigned.
- One-year prior related experience required.
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, multitask and possess strong initiative.
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated system as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to work extended hours (as needed).
- Oracle experience preferred.
- Associate’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Analyst Business Systems Per Diem Miami, FL 33131
- Collaborate with customers to define functional and technical requirements and specifications for new application, or application fix or upgrade.
- Perform GAP Analysis by establishing current state and desired future state requirements
- Work with customers having various job roles to identify current and future-state business processes
- Facilitate design sessions with the development team to define the solution
- Document requirements using techniques such as use cases and user stories that capture required system functionality
- Manage requirements uncertainty and ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment
- Apply Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, approaches and tools
- Develop process maps and models using standard desktop productivity tools
- Conduct feasibility studies, trade-off analysis, cost analysis, and business cases for IT related projects.
- Analyze system operations during and after implementation; recommend ongoing solutions based on user feedback.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of IT applications.
- Three to five years prior related experience
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
- Medium to large project participation experience as a Business Analyst, Task Lead or Subject Matter Expert
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, general sciences, healthcare, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) a definite plus.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V