VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit at INSIGHT Hospital & Medical Center Chicago
When hospice patients need care beyond what can be provided at home, the VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit at INSIGHT Hospital & Medical Center Chicago is designed to provide necessary and appropriate care so they can return home as soon as possible.
We know that a medical crisis has brought you to the VITAS inpatient hospice unit. Our goal is to support you and your loved one through this difficult time. We encourage you to ask any of our unit staff whatever questions you may have. And, to individualize your loved one’s care, we ask that you share any information you believe is relevant.
- Located on the 6th floor of the hospital
- Parking is free. Valet is also available for a fee
- Visitors and overnight guests are welcome 24/7. Please enter the hospital through the emergency department after midnight.
- Leashed, well-behaved pets welcome
- The hospital cafeteria is located on the 2nd floor
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, visiting hours and amenities may be limited to ensure the safety and health of patients, visitors, and staff.