VITAS Advantage: Advanced Illness Specialists for Physicians
How VITAS Helps You
VITAS advanced illness specialists, including clinicians and dedicated physician representatives, are extensively trained in understanding the needs of advanced illness patients and your practice. They lend their disease-specific expertise on end-of-life care and advance care planning to improve the delivery of goal-concordant care and strive to support your practice’s quality metrics and financial goals.
VITAS experts customize an educational program for your practice to meet your specific objectives, whether the need is for improved prognostication skills, symptom management, or goals-of-care conversations with patients and their families.
Supporting Your Practice's Goals
VITAS advance illness specialists collaborate with your staff to provide higher-quality care, improved communication, and optimal symptom management for your advanced illness patients as they near the end of life. Through collaboration, you and your staff benefit from:
- Practice-specific data to help identify strengths, trends, and opportunities
- Understanding symptom management and care coordination to impact quality metrics
- Peer-to-peer education on prognostication and hospice eligibility determination
- Secure and timely referrals via VITAS clinical app
- Educational support through CMEs and CEs for licensing requirements for clinical staff
- Clinical resources to assist you with advanced care planning conversations with your patients
- Improved patient satisfaction scores based on patient centered EOL care
Improved Care for Your Patients
VITAS advanced illness specialists deliver customized services, based on the needs of your practice and patients:
- Seamless transitions to home-based hospice care
- Collaboration on individualized care plans for advanced illness patients
- Initiation of ongoing discussions
- Improved care coordination
VITAS works closely with physician partners and your staff to identify needs and provide the resources, training, and data that lead to improved care and higher satisfaction for your patients.