A VITAS Corporate Office
At this VITAS corporate office, our employees support our organization of hospice care teams throughout the country. Corporate teams include human resources, finance, marketing, information technology, and payroll.
Apply for Hospice Jobs in Miami, FL and surrounding areas:
Registered Nurse Inpatient Full-Time Miami, FL 33136
Case Management and Supervision
- Follows VITAS policies and standards (See VITAS Standards Manual) and practices within the scope of the RN license
- Reports any request to practice outside of scope of license to the manager/supervisor
- Supervision of (VITAS employed and contracted) nursing tasks delegated to Hospice Aides, Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses (and contracted Registered Nurses) and Volunteers per the plan of care
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments including physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and bereavement
- Appropriately identifies/utilizes resources, referrals such as PT, OT, Home Health, Dietary, Pharmacy, Supplies, Home Medical Equipment, and other visits/consults
- Completes documentation at the time of the event and at the location of care unless otherwise directed
- Provides education to patients, families, caregivers and referral sources
- Participates in patient care meetings as assigned
- Participates in weekly team meetings
- Provides effective communication/shift reports through written, verbal, reporting and body language
- Participates in bereavement support
- Participates in the on-call rotation and/or provides shifts during non-business hours such as evenings, weekends and holidays based upon program-identified needs
- Provides visits/shifts in program coverage area
- Develops, coordinates, and follows the patient's individualized plan of care
- Appropriately delegates nursing tasks to Hospice Aides/Homemakers, Volunteers, and Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses
- All factors pertinent to the patient's safety, including the competence of the Hospice Aide/Homemaker have been assessed
- Determination that this activity can be delegated safely to a Hospice Aide/Homemaker
- Connecticut -For activities other than those listed in section 1913D69(d)(3)of the Connecticut Department of Public Health delegated to a Hospice/Homemaker, the RN will document in the clinical record that:
- Provides nursing care including nursing tasks that may be delegated to other roles such as LPNs, HHAs and Volunteers
- Participates in and monitors patient and family care compliance activities
- Professionally manages/coordinates the hospice plan of care
- Provides and follows infection control practices
- Delivers care in accordance with the patient's plan of care
- Provides primary nursing care for inpatient and continuous care patients as assigned
- Participates in the Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) Program and related activities as assigned. This may include, but is not limited to
- participation in Performance Improvement Project(s) (PIP)
- Gathering clinical data which is used for quality measures
- Develops and achieves professional growth goals and objectives personally and per Team Manager reviews
- Responsible for attending orientation and regularly scheduled in-services/educational conferences as assigned
- Participates in orientation of Hospice Aides, Volunteers and other IDG members as assigned
- Participates in training activities internally within VITAS and externally as assigned
- Maintains focus on the patient and family experience of care
- Serves as a patient and family advocate
- Reports patient/family/customer complaints to Team Manager
- Participates in patient/family/customer conflict resolution as applicable.
- Represents the nursing profession, the VITAS site/location and VITAS overall in a positive manner
- Currently licensed as a R.N. in the state where the VITAS program is located.
- A minimum of two years experience in hospice, home health, or community health experience in the last five years.
- RN license
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATE
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Instructional Design/ Curriculum Development Trainer 1 Full-Time Miami, FL 33131
- Supports the creation, design and development of engaging training materials for a variety of delivery methods, such as instructor-led, computer based, web-based, and mobile training.
- Develops and maintains curriculum guidelines and educational opportunities for VITAS®
- Create and maintain instructional materials such as facilitator guides, program documents, workbooks, job aids, job prep manuals and other learning resources.
- Assist with management and tracking of program data, documentation, including maintenance in HRMS.
- Develop evaluation tools for the assessment of training needs and products
- Develop best practices or policies and procedures for training
- Conducts Needs Assessments to identify skills gaps and training needs
- Collaborates with subject matter experts (internal or external) in delivering appropriate, timely and quality educational opportunities related to orientation and ongoing education
- Develops and monitors training metrics and assesses the effectiveness of training resources
- Travel as needed
- Minimum of three years of experience, with a strong focus on training delivery and development
- Strong writing skills required.
- Experience in creating engaging and innovative eLearning content across a range of topics
- Experience in needs assessment, visual design, storyboarding and script design
- Expertise in curriculum design and development
- Experience developing content with authoring tools such as Captivate, Adobe X Pro, Survey Monkey, Windows Media Player, and HTML principles preferred.
- Learning Management System experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design principles
- Ability to design, develop, facilitate and evaluate diverse learning programs
- Strong presentation skills and comfort in delivering training to diverse audiences through a variety of methodologies
- Strong project and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and detail orientation
- Ability to multi-task in an evolving environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO required
- Bachelor’s degree in organization development, training, human resources, business or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Sr Dir Volunteer & Bereavement Services Full-Time Miami, FL 33131
Supports the delivery of quality volunteer and bereavement services to patients and families by VITAS programs through development of volunteer, Bereavement, Psychosocial and Spiritual Counseling programs, monitoring, coaching, mentoring, and problem solving. Encourages program staff to embrace the VITAS Values, VITAS Standards, and VITAS Best Practices, and to respond to the unique needs of patients and families under care.
- Analyzes the needs of patients and families related to bereavement and volunteer services to continue ongoing development of services that respond to those needs.
- Proactively monitors, reviews, analyses and audits Vx and other reports in order to evaluate program and company performance in areas related to volunteer and bereavement services and subsequently coaches programs via program-specific action plans
- Works with program leaders to assure that program volunteer and bereavement services reflect VITAS values, are cost effective, and that productivity and other VITAS standards are met
- Participates in the development of performance improvement and quality assurance projects related to volunteers and bereavement services, educational materials, and measurable project plans to meet VITAS’ strategic goals
- Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to program volunteer and bereavement staff to strengthen current performance and individual preparation for future advancement
- Provides education and training to patient care and other leaders during national meetings, web-based learning opportunities, etc.
- Serve as the leader/expert in volunteer/bereavement regulatory issues, compliance, and VITAS policies
- Collaborates with other departments to accomplish objectives
- Develops and manages employees within the department to assure that internal and external customer expectations are met or exceeded
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Two to five years’ prior healthcare or volunteer or bereavement administration experience, minimum of two years prior Vitas experience
- Prior marketing or sales experience preferred
- In depth knowledge of Vitas policies and procedures, Vx, and an understanding of program processes preferred.
- Must have in depth knowledge of federal and state regulations related to volunteers and bereavement
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function
- Ability to manage a staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work
- Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must be able to travel frequently.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
VP HR Shared Services Full-Time Miami, FL 33131
Reporting to the CHRO, the VP of HR Shared Services has overall responsibility for system-wide HR operations, processes and technologies. HR service delivery includes all aspects of employee lifecycle event services.
- Provide strategic leadership for VITAS Health’s Shared Services including setting the vision, project planning, governance, organization design, and overseeing operations
- Lead the service delivery team to create, build, and implement effective, efficient, and consistent operational processes, leveraging technology improvements and ensuring optimal utilization of all resources
- Provide leadership and oversight for Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, HRIS and HR Analytics functions
- Partner strategically to provide best in class Human Resources services to the business
- Manage, govern, and implement Human Resources technology, including vendors
- Drive continuous improvement efforts
- Optimize the use of Oracle HCM Cloud to continue to evolve HR Operations and overall HR service delivery across the organization
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance
- Responsible for Human Resources Shared Services budget and spend management
- 10+ years of HR operations experience
- 10+ years Human Resources leadership experience, preferably in a customer-supporting role
- Experience establishing and managing a function servicing customer’s needs
- Ability to determine and review complex requirements for systems
- Human Resources analytics and reporting experience
- Vendor management and experience of managing service teams and a range of projects etc.
- Strong Human Resources functional experience in HR processes, service center operation and technology
The successful candidate will grow both personally and professionally through their role as Vice President of Shared Services. The position offers the successful candidate an opportunity to be a driving force behind the Human Resource team, and ultimately the company’s overall success.
The Vice President of Shared Services will enjoy a competitive base salary, annual bonus along with generous benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, business or related discipline; Master’s degree is preferred
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Executive Assistant Full-Time Miami, FL 33131
Qualified candidates should have three to five years of administrative experience and strong writing composition skills and communication ability. Must be able to multi-task. Proficiency in MS Word and Excel required.EDUCATION
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V