VITAS Inpatient Unit at
HealthSouth Facility North Houston
18550 I-45 South
Conroe, TX 77384
Sometimes, for brief periods of time, patients may require care beyond what can be comfortably provided at home. At the VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit, our specialized team provides the necessary level of care to stabilize symptoms, so patients can return to the familiarity of their own homes and routines as quickly as possible.
In the VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit, we take an individualized approach to every patient we care for. Our goal is to provide the support that our patients and their loved ones need to make it through a difficult time. Our multidisciplinary team is skilled in the medical management of pain and complicated symptoms. The welcoming surroundings at our facility help to reduce stress and enhance our patients’ quality of life.
Features of Our North Houston Inpatient Hospice Unit
At VITAS, we understand how important staying home is to hospice patients. Should your loved one require a stay at the inpatient unit, however, you’ll be glad to know that we’ve created a restful, homelike environment where medical crises can be managed efficiently and compassionately. Each of our 12 private patient rooms are warmly decorated—much like the bedrooms in a private residence.
- Suites with recliners, television, and private bathroom
- Large kitchen for family gatherings
- Family room with computer and internet access
- Quiet room for private time
- Children’s area with games, puzzles and books
- Enclosed covered deck and garden
- Coffee and tea available throughout the day for visitors
- Visitors Services
At VITAS, we believe that the best therapy for hospice patients is the comfort they derive from their loved ones. The inpatient unit is open 24/7 for the convenience of family members and visitors. We can also accommodate family members and visitors who wish to spend the night in the unit. Even pets are welcome.
Meet Your Inpatient Hospice Team in North Houston
Our multi-disciplinary team of hospice professionals ensures that the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of our patients and families are being met. A team manager oversees all care in the unit.
- The VITAS physician visits patients daily, and works closely with patients’ primary physicians on pain and symptom management.
- VITAS nurses are skilled in assessing and managing pain and other symptoms.
- The VITAS social worker acts as a friendly and skilled listener and provides emotional support.
- Nursing staff assists with personal care, including bathing and oral hygiene.
- The VITAS chaplain ministers to the spiritual needs of patients and their families, and can work with their clergy as desired.
- Volunteers spend quality time with patients and families when they’re needed most. Visits from pet volunteers can also be arranged.
- Bereavement specialists provide grief and loss counseling and emotional support for families and patients’ loved ones.
VITAS is proud to have HealthSouth as our host and partner for our inpatient unit at the Woodlands. As partners, VITAS has contracted with HealthSouth to provide a number of ancillary services to support our inpatient unit operations. With its close proximity to the key health care centers in North Harris and Southern Montgomery Counties, HealthSouth was a natural fit to build our “home away from home” to meet the needs of patients and families in this area.
Amenities Onsite and Nearby
HealthSouth has a cafeteria that is open during lunch hours, as well as a 24 hour refreshment center and vending area. Coffee and tea are also available 24 hours a day in the VITAS Inpatient Unit. There are numerous fast food and full service restaurants and plenty of shopping available all along the North Freeway corridor. Of course, our inpatient unit has a kitchen where visitors and families can prepare light meals and dine in either our dining area or out on our covered deck.
Take the Next Step