What Skilled Nursing Providers Need to Know
Refer your patient to VITAS: Online | Mobile App | 800.873.5198
- We need to keep skilled patients from returning to the hospital. How can hospice help?
- How can VITAS help positively impact our quality measures?
- How would VITAS partner with our staff to care for our patients who elect hospice?
We need to keep skilled patients from returning to the hospital. How can hospice help?
At VITAS, we know the pressure is on to reduce rehospitalizations. We help people address emotional end-of-life options. With a better understanding of what to expect as their illness progresses, your residents are more likely to forgo futile treatments and hospitalizations.
How can VITAS help positively impact our quality measures?
As the reimbursement system changes from fee-for-service to value-based care, your facility’s quality measures are of great interest to hospitals and other potential partners. Hospice-appropriate residents are excluded from many quality calculations. Talk with your VITAS sales representative to understand which quality measures are relevant to hospice.
How would VITAS partner with our staff to care for our patients who elect hospice?
- VITAS transitions your terminally ill resident seamlessly to hospice care
24 hours a day
- Our hospice team makes multiple weekly visits to augment regular care
- VITAS Telecare® answers your care questions or dispatches a team member
to the bedside 24 hours a day
- We work with your staff to communicate with families, addressing