Webinar for Healthcare Professionals: Persistent Vegetative State
Managing a patient’s pain near the end of life is a top priority of hospice care. The goal of this webinar is to teach healthcare professionals to effectively manage a patient’s pain using all available tools, including pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions, based on the etiology or etiologies of the pain.
Earn one continuing education hour with this free webinar.
Attendees of this webinar will learn to:
- Define and differentiate among various disorders of consciousness
- Delineate the criteria of a vegetative state and articulate the differences between PVS and permanent vegetative state
- Better understand how to manage the various medical and nursing needs of and ethical challenges prompted by PVS patients
- Develop an understanding of when end-of-life care may be appropriate for PVS patients
- Appreciate the impact PVS patients have had on medical ethics and medical decision-making
For more continuing education information regarding this webinar, click here.
Thank you for attending this webinar held on June 22, 2017