Webinar for Healthcare Professionals: Pain Management, An Interdisciplinary Approach
Chronic pain negatively impacts quality of life and causes undue stress on patients and families. This clinical presentation addresses how pain can effectively be managed at the end of life and how the multidisciplinary hospice team approach provides a comprehensive care model that goes beyond physical pain.
Earn one continuing education hour with this free webinar.
This free continuing education webinar helps you:
- Define “total pain” and its various characteristics
- Understand all aspects of a patient’s pain as a symptom near the end of life
- Recognize physical, social, emotional and spiritual components of total pain
- Utilize the different factors involved in total pain and how the interdisciplinary team is necessary to effectively treat total pain
- Describe the components necessary to perform a full pain assessment in both cognitive and cognitively-impaired patients
Thank you for attending, this webinar was presented on Thursday, May 12, 2016