Webinar for Healthcare Professionals: Managing a Dual Eligible Population
Managing Dual-Eligible patients, who utilize more healthcare services than those on Medicare alone, is an important goal of healthcare providers. Appropriate use of hospice and palliative care services improves the quality and cost of healthcare for Dual-Eligible patients who are nearing the end of life.
Thursday, November 14, 2017
2 p.m. EST • 1 hour
Earn one continuing education hour with this free webinar.
Attendees of this webinar will learn to:
- Describe the typical features of a Dual-Eligible patient
- Comprehend the challenges providers face in integrating care for Dual-Eligible patients
- Articulate how hospice care can have a significant impact for Dual-Eligible patients
- Develop an understanding of when end-of-life care may be appropriate for PVS patients
- Delineate how palliative care services can improve the care of Dual-Eligible patients
- Explain the cost savings associated with the use of hospice and palliative care in treating Dual-Eligible patients