Webinar for Healthcare Professionals: Culturosity — Cultural Awareness in End-of-Life Care
Ever wonder why you react or see the world the way you do? Who you are is formed in large part by the culture in which you were raised. The goal of this webinar is to seek competence in cultural values and perspectives different from our own to ensure that as healthcare professionals we provide culturally appropriate interactions with patients and their families.
Thursday, April 20, 2017
2 p.m. EST • 1 hour
Earn one continuing education hour with this free webinar.
Attendees of this webinar will learn to:
- Define awareness, sensitivity and competency
- Define the importance of cultural awareness and sensitivity at the end of life
- Articulate and follow the guidelines of effective pain management
- Describe four American cultures: African; Haitian; Asian subcultures; Hispanic/Latino
- Describe the basic values, spiritual perspectives and end-of-life process of each of these American cultures