VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit at Stockbridge
931 Rock Quarry Rd.
Stockbridge, GA 30281
When hospice patients need care beyond what can be provided at home, the VITAS inpatient hospice unit is designed to provide necessary and appropriate care so they can return home as soon as possible.
Our multidisciplinary team—comprised of a hospice physician, nurses, social worker and chaplain—is skilled in the medical management of pain and complicated symptoms. The welcoming surroundings at our facility help to reduce stress and enhance our patients’ quality of life.
At VITAS, we listen and support diverse cultural and spiritual needs. We offer care that is sensitive to the unique needs of veterans. In the Atlanta area, VITAS has a 4-star rating from We Honor Veterans, a program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization in collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Features of Our Inpatient Hospice Unit in Stockbridge
The VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit at Stockbridge is a hospice house. We offer a quiet, soothing atmosphere that is as homelike as possible. Each of our 12 private rooms is warmly decorated —much like the bedrooms in a private residence.
The family room is a comfortable place to gather, unwind or have a family discussion. The unit features a quiet room, which is an ideal space for prayer or reflection. There is even a covered patio where visitors may enjoy a breath of fresh air.
At VITAS, we believe that the best therapy for hospice patients is the comfort they derive from their loved ones. The inpatient unit is open 24/7 for the convenience of family members and visitors. We can also accommodate guests who wish to spend the night.
We also know that pets are members of patients’ families and are very therapeutic. Pets are welcome to visit for short periods of time as long as they are on leashes and supervised by an adult. We can even arrange a visit from one of our VITAS Paw Pals®.
Additional Features Include:
- Recliners, satellite television and bathrooms in each private patient suite.
- A large community kitchen where families can share a snack or even prepare small meals; complimentary coffee and tea are also available around the clock.
- A computer and internet access in the family room.
- Space for children to play along with games, puzzles and books.
Meet Your VITAS Inpatient Team in Stockbridge
- Our multi-disciplinary team of hospice professionals ensures that the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of our patients and families are being met.
- A VITAS physician visits daily to closely follow patients and provide pain and symptom management.
- VITAS nurses are skilled in assessing and managing pain and other symptoms.
- A social worker acts as a skilled listener and provides emotional support.
- A chaplain tends to the spiritual needs of patients and their families, and can work with their clergy as desired.
- Volunteers spend quality time with patients and families.
- Bereavement specialists provide grief and loss counseling and emotional support for families and patients’ loved ones.
VITAS is Here for You
We know that a medical crisis has brought you to the VITAS inpatient hospice unit. Our goal is to support you and your loved one through this difficult time.
We encourage you to ask any of our unit staff whatever questions you may have. And, to individualize your loved one’s care, we ask that you share any information you believe is relevant.
Take the Next Step