We offered this webinar on December 13, 2018.
Clinical management of skin wounds that affect bedridden patients is based on updated guidelines that include two new wound classifications and a directive for long-term care facility and hospice providers to prevent the formation of new pressure ulcers and wounds. This webinar helps healthcare workers understand the six classifications of skin wounds, identify risks for hospice patients and understand wound care assessment, documentation and management practices that promote healing, provide comfort and manage pain for patients.
Key points of this webinar:
- Review updated guidelines for wound care and wound management
- Identify wound stages and types of wounds that are common among hospice patients
- Understand special wound-related considerations for hospice patients
- Understand risk factors, assessment and documentation of skin impairment and wounds
- Explore the benefits and principles of wound care management, including preventive and comfort measures
See upcoming continuing education opportunities through VITAS.
Nurses and Case Managers
This activity is approved for one continuing education credit hour for nurses (RN, LPN, LVN; in California Registered Nurses only), Social Workers and Certified Case Managers. Licensed Nursing Home Administrators in the states of Florida and Illinois may also receive one hour of continuing education credit. Attendance for the entire online webinar, as well as completion of a brief online evaluation, is required. Certifications are made available after completion.