Persistent Vegetative State
We offered this webinar on June 22, 2017.
Key points of this webinar:
- Define and differentiate among various disorders of consciousness
- Delineate the criteria of a vegetative state and articulate the differences between PVS and permanent vegetative state
- Better understand how to manage the various medical and nursing needs of and ethical challenges prompted by PVS patients
- Develop an understanding of when end-of-life care may be appropriate for PVS patients
- Appreciate the impact PVS patients have had on medical ethics and medical decision-making