Persistent Vegetative State
We offered this webinar on June 22, 2017.
Key points of this webinar:
- Define and differentiate among various disorders of consciousness
- Delineate the criteria of a vegetative state and articulate the differences between PVS and permanent vegetative state
- Better understand how to manage the various medical and nursing needs of and ethical challenges prompted by PVS patients
- Develop an understanding of when end-of-life care may be appropriate for PVS patients
- Appreciate the impact PVS patients have had on medical ethics and medical decision-making
See upcoming continuing education opportunities through VITAS.
Nurses and Case Managers
This activity is approved for one continuing education credit hour for nurses (RN, LPN, LVN; in California Registered Nurses only), Social Workers and Certified Case Managers. Licensed Nursing Home Administrators in the states of Florida and Illinois may also receive one hour of continuing education credit. Attendance for the entire online webinar, as well as completion of a brief online evaluation, is required. Certifications are made available after completion.