Managing a Dual-Eligible Population
We offered this webinar on November 14, 2017.
Managing Dual-Eligible patients, who utilize more healthcare services than those on Medicare alone, is an important goal of healthcare providers. Appropriate use of hospice and palliative care services improves the quality and cost of healthcare for Dual-Eligible patients who are nearing the end of life.
Key points of this webinar:
- Describe the typical features of a Dual-Eligible patient
- Comprehend the challenges providers face in integrating care for Dual-Eligible patients
- Articulate how hospice care can have a significant impact for Dual-Eligible patients
- Develop an understanding of when end-of-life care may be appropriate for PVS patients
- Delineate how palliative care services can improve the care of Dual-Eligible patients
- Explain the cost savings associated with the use of hospice and palliative care in treating Dual-Eligible patients
See upcoming continuing education opportunities through VITAS.
Nurses and Case Managers
This activity is approved for one continuing education credit hour for nurses (RN, LPN, LVN; in California Registered Nurses only), Social Workers and Certified Case Managers. Licensed Nursing Home Administrators in the states of Florida and Illinois may also receive one hour of continuing education credit. Attendance for the entire online webinar, as well as completion of a brief online evaluation, is required. Certifications are made available after completion.