Fall Prevention for Elderly Populations
We offered this webinar on September 13, 2018.
Why are falls so prevalent among the elderly? Why are fall-related deaths more likely? What can be done to prevent falls? Who is at risk? This webinar looks at the team approach to fall prevention, including care planning, education, monitoring and medication review.
Key points of this webinar:
- Describe the incidence of falls in the elderly patient
- Define conditions contributing to falls
- Identify risk factors related to falls
- Explain and complete the basic fall assessment
- Describe the team approach to reducing falls