End-Stage Heart Disease
We offered this webinar on August 16, 2018.
Which common disease processes interfere with the normal functioning of the heart? What factors determine end-stage heart disease? This webinar examines four categories of cardiac disorders that contribute to end-stage heart disease. It provides guidance on when healthcare professionals should refer their cardiac patients to hospice care.
Key points of this webinar:
- Describe the heart’s anatomy and its normal functions
- Identify four categories of cardiac disorders and the related symptoms that define end-stage heart disease
- Understand the diseases and diagnoses that affect the heart’s ability to beat regularly
- Understand how structural abnormalities and blockages interfere with the heart’s ability to pump and distribute oxygenated blood to itself and the rest of the body
- Understand the symptoms, metrics and guidelines that indicate when an end-stage heart disease patient is appropriate for hospice care