End-Stage Heart Disease
We offered this webinar on August 16, 2018.
Which common disease processes interfere with the normal functioning of the heart? What factors determine end-stage heart disease? This webinar examines four categories of cardiac disorders that contribute to end-stage heart disease. It provides guidance on when healthcare professionals should refer their cardiac patients to hospice care.
Key points of this webinar:
- Describe the heart’s anatomy and its normal functions
- Identify four categories of cardiac disorders and the related symptoms that define end-stage heart disease
- Understand the diseases and diagnoses that affect the heart’s ability to beat regularly
- Understand how structural abnormalities and blockages interfere with the heart’s ability to pump and distribute oxygenated blood to itself and the rest of the body
- Understand the symptoms, metrics and guidelines that indicate when an end-stage heart disease patient is appropriate for hospice care
See upcoming continuing education opportunities through VITAS.
Nurses and Case Managers
This activity is approved for one continuing education credit hour for nurses (RN, LPN, LVN; in California Registered Nurses only), Social Workers and Certified Case Managers. Licensed Nursing Home Administrators in the states of Florida and Illinois may also receive one hour of continuing education credit. Attendance for the entire online webinar, as well as completion of a brief online evaluation, is required. Certifications are made available after completion.