Dementia and End-of-Life Patients
We offered this webinar on January 18, 2018.
Appropriate hospice care can address many of the challenges and complications experienced by patients with dementia and Alzheimer's at the end of life. Feeding tubes, acute infections, injuries, trauma and vascular disease contribute to the difficulties of caring for a dementia patient. In the home or in a skilled nursing facility, hospice care can improve patient comfort, functional status and quality of life at the end of life.
Key points of this webinar:
- Recognize the benefits of hospice care for end-stage dementia patients
- Understand common dementia complications at the end of life
- Learn strategies for improved outcomes for common complications
- Identify alternatives to feeding tubes for patients with dementia
- Learn how hospice care results in fewer hospitalizations and improved quality of life