VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit at
Physicians Regional Medical Center
8300 Collier Blvd., 1st Floor
Naples, FL 33114
The VITAS inpatient hospice units offer around-the-clock symptom management for terminally ill patients who cannot be comfortably cared for in their homes.
The VITAS inpatient hospice unit at Physicians Regional Collier Boulevard is located in the heart of the hospital. This upscale home environment is decorated in soothing colors with comfortable furnishings.
The unit is staffed by VITAS end-of-life experts— licensed nurses, physicians, social worker, chaplain and volunteers—who manage pain and other symptoms while enhancing quality of life for the patient and family.
The VITAS clinical team manages:
- Uncontrolled pain
- Intractable nausea/vomiting
- Other major gastrointestinal symptoms
- Respiratory distress
- Severe pressure ulcers (decubitus)
- Other skin lesions/wounds
The typical patient stay is short; approximately 30 percent of patients can be discharged home with continued hospice team support once their symptoms diminish.
Because a quiet, non-clinical setting helps reduce stress, cabinets keep medical equipment out of sight, giving each room the ambiance of a comfortable hotel or bedroom. Bathrooms have roll-in showers and amenities that assure pampered patients and families.
The unit’s family room, with its television and children’s area, invites conversation and visiting. Just down the hall is a galley kitchen where families are welcome to enjoy snacks throughout the day or even prepare a special meal or dish. The chapel inspires introspection and prayer.
Features of Our Naples Inpatient Hospice Unit
Visiting hours are unrestricted, available 24/7 for any age or number of guests.
- Safe, well-lit parking is available. Enter the VITAS unit through the hospital’s main entrance. Late at night, security officerswill escort visitors to their cars. Call 239.348.4000.
- Family members may stay overnight; each room has a recliner or guest bed.
- This unit has seven private patient rooms, each with its own well-appointed bathroom.
- We believe visits from pets are therapeutic. Pets may visit for short periods as long as they are on a leash and accompanied by an adult.
- Food can be stored in the unit’s community kitchen. If you would like to serve a favorite dish, the kitchen includes a toaster, refrigerator and microwave oven; it is cleaned daily.
- The family room contains a seating area; television, Wi-Fi and children’s play area.
- Telephones are located in each patient room; dial “9” for an outside line.
Meet Your VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit Team in Naples
- A team manager oversees care in the unit.
- Nurses are experts in assessing and managing pain.
- A social worker is a skilled listener who provides practical and emotional support.
- A physician visits patients daily and works with the patient’s physician; he/she is available for pain and symptom management consultation.
- A chaplain supports patients’ and families’ spiritual needs and can work with a family’s clergy.
- Volunteers spend time when they are needed most.
- VITAS is certified by the National Institute for Jewish Hospice.
- Bereavement specialists provide grief and loss counseling and other support for family and loved ones.
VITAS is Here for You
We know that a medical crisis has brought you to the VITAS inpatient hospice unit. Our goal is to support you and your loved ones through this difficult time.
We'd be pleased to answer any questions you have about the ways VITAS can help care for patients near the end of life.
Take the Next Step