VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit at Quality Health Care
12751 West Colonial Drive
Winter Garden , FL 34787
View Map | Request Hospice Information
When hospice patients need care beyond what can be provided at home, the VITAS inpatient hospice unit provides necessary and appropriate care so they can return to routine home hospice care as soon as possible.
In the inpatient unit’s home-like setting, our interdisciplinary team assures that each patient receives individualized, round-the-clock care.
The VITAS hospice team manages pain and other symptoms of the life-limiting illness while enhancing the quality of life for the patient and family.
A quiet environment helps to reduce stress at this time of life. The unit is designed and managed to be tranquil. Coffee and tea are available throughout the day in our kitchen, and the family room is a comfortable place for discussions or a brief rest.
Features of Our Inpatient Hospice Unit in Winter Garden
- Visiting hours are unrestricted, available 24/7 for any age or number of guests.
- Parking is free; there is no valet service.
- This unit can accommodate 12 patients in semi-private rooms.
- A sofa-bed in the family room accommodates family members who would like to spend the night.
- Each patient room has a couch and a recliner.
- Area hotels are available. Staff can provide a list for families to review.
- There are restaurants close by; some offer delivery service.
- We believe visits from pets are therapeutic; they are welcome in patient rooms with the approval of anyone sharing the room. Pets should be on leash or in a carrier in any public area of the unit.
- The VITAS music therapist visits the inpatient unit up to three times a week.
- Food can be brought in and stored in the refrigerator. If you would like to bring in a favorite dish, the kitchen includes a microwave.
- The family room contains a sofa, recliners, television/DVD, and a children’s play area with activities and books.
- A half bath is located in the family room.
- Smoking is allowed under the pergola next to the walkway; benches are available for seating.
- Patients may bring any personal items, including clothing. Hospital gowns are provided.
- Shower and laundry facilities are available; please ask our staff for assistance to access these features.
Meet Your VITAS Inpatient Hospice Team in Winter Garden
- Team manager
- A registered nurse to provide routine care
- Hospice physicians who provide symptom and pain management
- A chaplain who can work with your family’s clergy to offer spiritual support.
- A social worker to provide emotional support and help with financial issues and planning.
- VITAS volunteers specially trained by VITAS to give the gift of time and companionship.
- A bereavement specialist to provide grief and loss counseling and emotional support for loved ones.
VITAS is Here for You
We know that a medical crisis has brought you to the VITAS inpatient hospice unit. Our goal is to support you and your loved ones through this difficult time.
Please ask any of our unit staff whatever questions you may have. To individualize your loved one’s care, please share information that you believe is relevant.
Request Hospice Information
If you or a loved one could benefit from hospice services, use this online form to ask us a question. You can also get answers to your general hospice questions on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Take the Next Step