Southeast Florida End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) Critical Care Core Training Program
The modules in this ELNEC-Critical Care Course address important aspects of end-of-life care and the role of the nurse. These modules include:
- Palliative Care in Critical Care
- Symptom Management
- Ethical/Legal Issues in Critical Care
- Cultural Considerations in End-of-Life Care
- Loss, Grief and Bereavement
- Final Hours
The ELNEC-Critical Care curriculum also integrates several common threads and themes:
- The important role of the Critical Care Nurse as advocate
- The family as the unit of care
- The unique needs of special populations, such as the elderly, children and the uninsured
- End-of-Life issues that impact all systems of care across all critical-care settings
- Financial issues that influence end-of-life care
- End-of-Life/Palliative care and its role beyond cancer; it is essential across all life-threatening illnesses and in cases of sudden death
You can earn:
- 6-Hour CE certificate for participants who stay for the entire course
- An ELNEC certificate for participants who stay for the entire course
About the ELNEC-Critical Care Curriculum
Nurses are involved in all aspects of end-of-life care and they address the myriad needs facing individuals at this critical period.
Critical Care Nurses have the potential to greatly reduce the burden of distress for those facing life’s end. They also have the ability to offer support for patients’ and families’ many physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs near the end of life.
Individually and collectively, Critical Care Nurses who are trained in end-of-life/palliative care have the unique opportunity to significantly impact the quality of care for terminally and critically ill patients.
The ELNEC-Critical Care curriculum addresses the special needs of end-of-life patients and their families across various critical-care settings.
The principal goal of the training program is to provide current information on end-of-life care and resources in order to integrate end-of-life content into these settings.
The ELNEC-Critical Care curriculum is a national nursing education initiative administered by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and City of Hope.
Location/Method:Connect via web. After registering, you’ll receive an email with instructions.
Who Should Attend
- Registered Nurses
- Advanced Practice Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Nursing Administrators
- Case Managers
- Social Workers