Clinical Pastoral Education: How to Apply
Here's a summary of how to apply to VITAS Clinical Pastoral Education, along with a list of fees.
Complete the forms
- Download the ACPE application form
- Download the VITAS Letter for Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Please print the application form and FERPA letter and fill them out. Both documents must be included with your application materials.
- Application fee: $35 (non-refundable). This fee should be submitted at the time application materials are submitted to the training site for consideration.
- VITAS staff pay: ACPE Regional Registration fees only, $100
Tuition for non-VITAS employees is $600, which includes the ACPE Regional Registration.
- All fees shall be paid in the form of checks made payable to "VITAS Healthcare." Please write the purpose in the memo section of the check, e.g., CPE application fee or CPE tuition, or Registration fee for ACPE
- You may read the VITAS Admissions and Annual Notice Policies here:
Annual Notice Policy
Mail or Email Your Signed Application and Signed FERPA Letter
Once you complete the steps above, send your application materials to the supervisor where you are interested in training. You can find VITAS program location sites, email addresses and telephone numbers on the VITAS CPE Contacts page. Rev. Misti Johnson-Arce handles Broward/Palm Beach and can be reached at Misti.Johnson-Arce@VITAS.com. All other training sites are supervised by Rev. Dr. Martha Rutland at Martha.Rutland@VITAS.com.