Medical Records Reviewer
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Medical Records Reviewer||Administrative/Clerical||Washington, Washington, DC 20002||Part-Time||10-22-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
The Medical Records Reviewer is responsible for record review and data entry into PIS system . Handles customer service calls for telecare services. Reviews charts. Works on special projects as assigned. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Part-time with benefits, Monday to Thursday 32 hours, 8 AM - 5 PM.
- Qualified candidates must have one to three years prior office or relevant experience.
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously and to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.