Social Worker (SW) - Hospice Care
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Social Worker (SW) - Hospice Care||Allied Health/Social Services||Vienna, Virginia 22182||Per Diem||11-22-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Social Worker is the member of the interdisciplinary team whose primary function is to provide diagnostic evaluations of the psychosocial problems of the patient/family unit, defining social service goals for alleviating these problems, and helping to provide both the counseling and casework needed to meet these goals.
Per Diem, work as needed, flexible days and hours.
- Minimum of two (2) years social service experience in a health-care setting or social service agency.
- Experience as a social worker with the terminally ill and their families strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel per job requirements.
- Master's of Social Work is required from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Licensure and/or Certification as required by the state.