Dietician - Hospice Care
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Dietician - Hospice Care||Allied Health/Social Services||Vienna, Virginia 22182||Per Diem||06-17-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Dietician provides nutritional services (including counseling) to persons who are terminally ill and to their families so that the quality of life might be enhanced.
- Making home or inpatient visits to assess the nutritional needs of hospice patients and to plan a suitable diet that is consistent with the patient’s needs.
- Providing in-service education of members of the patient care team
- Teaching patients and families to prepare attractive meals
- Preparing a written plan for dietary care as part of the interdisciplinary plan of care
- Meeting with the interdisciplinary team whenever acting as a consultant to the patient/family
Per Diem, flexible hours and days.
- Qualified candidates must have two years minimum experience; one of which is in a community health agency with consultant and teaching responsibilities.
- Must have adequate transportation.
- Baccalaureate degree from a program approved by the American Dietetic Association.