Administrative Assistant - Healthcare
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Administrative Assistant - Healthcare||Administrative/Clerical||Vienna, Virginia 22182||Full-Time||10-15-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing supervisor's calendar and independently scheduling appointments. Answers routine inquiries in absence of manager. Resolves routine issues in absence of manager and develops reports and presentations.Complies, researches and tabulates data. Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently when possible.Prepares memorandums outlining and explaining administrative procedures and policies to supervisory workers, and monitors compliance. Arranges programs, events, or conferences by arranging for facilities and caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers, and controlling budget. Directs preparation of records such as agenda, notices, and minutes for corporate meetings.Takes and transcribes dictation, and composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports, and other documents.Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files. Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries,compiles documents for travel-related meetings, and accompanies supervisor when requested. Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
Full-time, Monday to Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM.
- Qualified candidate must have three to five years prior experience.
- Must have good writing composition skills and demonstrated ability to perform tasks under own initiative.
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously and to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Excel and Word.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.