Medical Service Technician
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Medical Service Technician||Warehouse Techs/Delivery Drivers||Grapevine, TX 76051||Full-Time||04-06-2021|
The Medical Service Technician (MST) is an entry level position whose primary responsibilities include: driving a box truck, delivery-pick up of home medical equipment, education to patients and/or caregivers. Work in a fast-paced team environment, excellent customer service and communication skills. Paid on-call work hours are required. This position requires the ability to work independently. Must adhere to Company, Federal, State and local regulations and compliance.
- Deliver, set-up, service and pick-up medical equipment and related supplies to/from patient’s residence and skilled facilities.
- Provide instruction and education material to the patient/or caregiver(s) on the operation, cleaning, and maintenance of medical equipment.
- Obtain a return demonstration to ensure understanding.
- Transport, handle and route medical equipment according to VITAS Healthcare policies and procedures to comply with infection control, equipment maintenance, and safety.
- Represent VITAS Healthcare professionally at all times through care delivered and services provided to all clients.
- Function within federal, state, local, VITAS Healthcare and professional guidelines and regulations.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within VITAS Healthcare.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and non-scheduled maintenance of equipment.
- Strong knowledge in all home medical equipment and ability to train MST staff effectively in High Flow Therapy, Bi-PAP Therapy and Enteral Pumps.
- Complete performance safety checks on equipment at the time of delivery.
- Perform structural/environmental, safety, and patient assessments as related to equipment and participate with the IDT care plan.
- Computer literate for accurate tracking of equipment and daily performance.
- Ability to provide initial general training to newly hired MST.
- May clean and disinfect medical equipment as needed.
- Clean/disinfect, test, and repair medical equipment and maintain accurate records and documentation in accordance with VITAS Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Receive, identify and label medical equipment.
- Maintain proper storage of equipment.
- Maintain equipment and supply inventory.
- Coordinate equipment, supply inventory levels, and communicate with Home Medical Equipment (HME) staff.
- Maintain oxygen refill files.
- Perform warehouse cleaning and overall maintenance.
- Practice safe and proper body mechanics relative to transporting, lifting and set-up of medical equipment.
- Adhere to all safety and security policy and procedures.
- Wear Safety-toed shoes as provided by VITAS Healthcare.
- Operate vehicles according to VITAS Healthcare policies and procedures to assure compliance with OSHA, NFPA, FDA and DOT regulations.
- Operate vehicles in a safe, responsible and defensive manner.
- Responsible for the cleaning and service notice of vehicles.
- Load and unload equipment safely to assure no damage or injury.
- Present equipment education to a level of understanding by patients/families.
- Report equipment/patient issues to immediate Supervisor.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with VITAS Healthcare policies and procedures, i.e., patient equipment delivery/pick-up/service forms, vehicle reports, manifests, and patient needs.
- May assists less experienced MSTs by providing guidance and counseling on job duties and responsibilities.
- Attend and participate in related Company meetings and/or committees.
- Completion of all required training during first year of employment as outlined in Career Pathway.
- Perform on-call work as required.
- Maintain positive work relations with staff members
- Provide internal HME Staff with training on home medical equipment.
- Demonstrate courteous behavior and be responsive to patients/families and other members of VITAS Healthcare and the public.
- Perform other job duties as requested.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Adhere to all VITAS Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Experience with the operation and repair of durable medical equipment preferred.
- Current driver’s license in applicable state.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds when required.
- Highly Organized
- Strong Administrative Skills
- PC Competent
- Able to work with hand-held scanning device.
- Work unsupervised in field exercising discretion and independent judgment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.