Respiratory Therapist Homecare
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Respiratory Therapist Homecare||Allied Health/Social Services||Fort Worth, Texas 76107||Per Diem||09-23-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Respiratory Therapist will provide respiratory services to VITAS patients so that the quality of life might be enhanced. Assesses the respiratory status of patients admitted into the VITAS program as directed by the interdisciplinary team. Evaluates the effectiveness of the present respiratory regimen. Provides input into the interdisciplinary plan of care to promote optimal respiratory function related to the patient's potential. Instructs patients and caregivers in appropriate respiratory care procedures and techniques. Participates as needed in the care process and as directed by the interdisciplinary team. Completes appropriate documentation in a timely manner and provides educational programs for VITAS staff members.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum two years experience as a Respiratory Therapist.
- RRT: Acute care and home care field experience required.
- CRTT: minimum two years experience with at least one year acute care and one year home care field experience.
- Experience with respiratory-related home care equipment, compressed medical gases, concentrators and liquid oxygen.
- Graduate of an approved program to train Respiratory Therapists. N.B.R.C. (National Board for Respiratory Care) credentialed (CRTT minimum; RRT preferred).
- Current State License for Respiratory Care Practitioner, if applicable.