Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Nurse Practitioner performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of physician.
Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition.
Discusses case with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment.
Monitors and maintains progress of patients and reports progress to supervising physician.
Has the ability to work collaboratively with hospice employees and volunteers as part of an IDT.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of (2) years experience in hospice, home health or community health in the past five (5) years.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to assist in lifting and transferring patients as required.
Lift objects in excess of 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The employee will be required to stand or walk in excess of one hour per day, talk, hear, sit, stoop, kneel and crouch as needed.
Special Instructions to Candidates: