Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Caseworker is that member of patient care operations whose primary function is to assist in providing direct casework services to the patient and family within the hospice program of care.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of two (2) years experience in a health-care environment in which the primary job function was community resources utilization, which included patient contact.
- Reliable transportation with adequate insurance coverage for driver and passenger or requires ability to cope with the stress of experiencing repeated loss.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources within the specific community in which the hospice is located.
- Knowledge of local, county, applicable state and federal assistance programs.
- Capacity to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to become proficient in company software programs.
- Must have Medicaid and Lock-in experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or a related Social Science field from an accredited school.
Special Instructions to Candidates: