|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Communications Manager||Professional Non-Clinical||Cincinnati, OH 45202||Full-Time||10-28-2019|
The communications manager at VITAS Healthcare is a talented and passionate communications manager that oversees all internal and communications initiatives for VITAS Healthcare, within its corporate marketing department. The communications manager collaborates with corporate marketing and leaders in human resources, information technology, clinical and operations to create, manage and execute public relations and employee communications strategies. The communications manager holds the public relations and copywriting teams accountable to the highest standards, including audience-centered communications, goal-focused strategies and error-free writing and messages.
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Manage public relations team and copywriting team.
- Work with teams to make sure all deadlines for internal and external communications projects are met
- Hold teams to highest standard of communications quality – exceeding audience expectations
- Collaborate with corporate and operational leaders on communication initiatives
- Provide creative and strategic communication solutions and produce the best possible work
- Partner with the creative services, digital content and development teams on making sure messages combine with visual presentation to deliver desired meaning to audience
- Experience developing and managing public relations campaigns in support of external communication initiatives. We are looking for a storyteller that knows what is newsworthy and relevant in a cluttered, fast-paced media landscape.
- Work collaboratively and creatively with the content team to develop messaging that is both credible and compelling to our target audience.
- Develop and execute a communications and engagement plan to drive employee engagement and awareness of corporate and location-specific initiatives.
- Identify the best internal channels of communication to transmit employee communication campaigns.
- Recommend communications solutions that support service, operational and cultural objectives through research and understanding of diversity of employee experience
- Measure the effectiveness of communications messages, channels and programs
- Support developing creative content materials as needed.
- Integrate and identify appropriate awards for VITAS by using research and data to draft company nominations.
- Manage online reputation management process, improving patient/caregiver experience through timely response and tracking service recovery opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- 7+ years of experience in internal corporate communications, public relations or at a marketing agency
- Journalism and social media background is a plus
- Experience communicating with multiple audiences and building strategies that address unique needs of readers/users
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects, stakeholders and deadlines while delivering high quality product
- Outstanding judgment and interpersonal skills, including experience with all levels of employees across the company
- Superb strategic planning, writing, editing, execution and organizational skills
- Proficiency with SharePoint, Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Familiarity with the basics of video production – shooting, editing, etc. – is a plus
- Background in healthcare preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field required; Master’s degree preferred