Sr. Accountant - Cincinnati, OH & Miami, FL
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Sr. Accountant - Cincinnati, OH & Miami, FL||Accounting/Finance/Billing||Cincinnati, Ohio 45202||Full-Time||07-16-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Monitor the activity of operating leases on a daily basis; remain in constant contact with third party administrator, facilities and contract services departments to ensure accuracy and completeness of active leases. Keep abreast of new, renewed, modified, and terminated leases. Ensure that relevant rent expenses are properly recorded in the General Ledger in accordance with GAAP for each entity.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Qualified candidate must have five to seven years prior Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP) required. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously and to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred. CPA preferred.