Warehouse Technician - PT Days (Tues-Thurs)
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Warehouse Technician - PT Days (Tues-Thurs)||Warehouse Techs/Delivery Drivers||Sharonville, OH 45241||Part-Time||05-19-2020|
- Receive, identify and label medical equipment.
- Maintain proper storage of equipment and supply inventory.
- Coordinate equipment and supply inventory levels and communicate with HME staff.
- Maintain oxygen refill files.
- Perform warehouse cleaning and overall maintenance.
- Computer literate for accurate maintenance entries
- Deliver, set-up, service and pick-up medical equipment and related supplies to/from patient's residence.
- Provide instruction and education material to the patient and/or caregiver(s) on the operation, cleaning, and maintenance of medical equipment. Obtain a return demonstration to ensure understanding.
- Transport, handle and route medical equipment according to Vitas HME policies and procedures to comply with infection control, equipment maintenance, and safety.
- Function within federal, state, local, Vitas HME and professional guidelines and regulations.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within Vitas.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and nonscheduled maintenance of equipment.
- Complete performance and safety checks on equipment at the time of delivery.
- Perform structural/environmental, safety, and patient assessments as related to equipment and participate with the IDT care plan.
- Practice safe and proper body mechanics relative to transporting, lifting and set-up of medical equipment.
- Adhere to all safety and security policy and procedures
- Load and Unload equipment safely to assure no damage or injury.
- Present equipment education to a level of understanding by patients/families.
- Immediately report to the Technicians immediate Supervisor, equipment/patient issues and needs.
- Minimum six months experience with the operation and repair of durable medical equipment preferred.
- Eighteen years or older.
- Highly organized
- Strong Administrative Skills
- PC Competent
- Current driver's license with a clean record, no points or accidents.
- Knowledge of Vitas HME service areas preferred, and ability to read a map and follow directions.
- Ability to work unsupervised in field exercising discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to physically access any home, nursing home, ALF, and hospital.
- Capable of lifting 100 pounds.
- Ability to use a small handle held scanner
- Must be able to use proper body mechanics relative to transporting, lifting and set-up of medical equipment.
- Load and Unload equipment safely
- Must wear steel-toed shoes as supplied by VITAS HME.
- Must wear company supplied uniform and name badge.
- Must be able to utilize transport devices provided by Vitas HME.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- High school level reading and math skills required.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.