Market Development Strategy Analyst Lead
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Market Development Strategy Analyst Lead||Professional Non-Clinical||Cincinnati, OH 45202||Full-Time||12-08-2020|
The Market Development Strategy & Analysis Lead is responsible for monitoring the hospice competitive landscape, recommending markets for expansion, and leading the development of the business case and licensing applications for new markets. In applicable markets, these responsibilities will include leading the process for applying for Certificates of Need (“CON” s) and working with external counsel and consultants in support of these applications.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on applying for hospice operations licenses and CONs
- Develop an understanding of the licensing and CON application processes for hospice operations in each state and maintain a documented inventory of these processes
- Proactively monitor cycles for hospice license and CON applications in each state
- Develop and present strategies and timelines for entry into markets that VITAS does not currently operate
- Own the development, submission and defense of hospice license and CON applications, including the overall project management, operations data preparation, and development of financial schedules
- Collaborate with Program and Central Support leaders on license and CON applications
- Serve as strategic liaison between VITAS, local external counsel, and external consultants for license and CON applications
- Produce and present regular status reports of current and upcoming licensing and CON application activity
- Understand and prepare analysis of external (industry) data, internal data, and financial projections of market operations
- Develop operational and financial growth and viability models for hospice operations in new markets
- Fosters a culture of best demonstrated practices, measurement, performance, continuous improvement, and accountability
In addition to aforementioned requirements, an individual in this role must provide unique expertise in one or more of the following realms:
- Project management with an acute attention to detail
- Financial analysis and modeling
- Legal background, including law degree.
- Five-plus years of relevant business experience
- Strong attention to detail and track record of large-scale project management
- Ability to work independently and lead multiple initiatives and processes simultaneously
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and written communications skills
- Advanced skills in business analysis and complementary software, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, healthcare administration, or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent.
- Juris Doctor degree and/or Master’s degree in business administration or healthcare administration preferred.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V