Director Admissions Training
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Director Admissions Training||Management/Leadership||Cincinnati, OH 45202||Full-Time||04-15-2020|
The Director of Admissions Training is responsible for curriculum design, development, and execution of educational resources in order to develop admissions staff. The Director of Admissions Training also coordinates and facilitates corporate, regional and program based admissions trainings. Serves as an Admissions standards, policies, procedures and industry subject matter expert and resource.
Execution of National Training Program for all Admission Staff:
- Designs and develops new and ongoing training to meet the needs of admissions through voice of customer research, data analysis, internal or external needs and/or other VITAS initiatives
- Manages the change management process related to the deployment of existing and new curriculum and assures that education/training materials are easily accessible to field personnel
- Coordinates training activities with related or impacted departments to ensure trainings are complementary and consistent with other discipline areas
- Facilities live, telephonic or web based trainings that are interactive with the goal of ensuring maximized retention of content and material
- Reinforces existing procedures for presenting and obtaining CEUs.
- Designs and develops training targeted to develop admissions and cross trained program personnel
- Manages the corporate-based admissions orientation, including but not limited to the coordination of material development, event planning, speaker selection, securing location and meeting space and meal planning
- Coaches and gives direction to Vitas Admissions team members and program staff cross-trained in admissions to ensure knowledge, skill, and performance standards are met or exceeded.
- Develops and delivers training with the goal of ensuring VITAS values are at the core of the message/content and to improve hospice eligible patient’s access to access VITAS services
- Continues to ensure content remains up-to-date with latest changes in VITAS internal standards as well as industry policy
- Manages training costs including venue, promotional items, and additional expenses in accordance with budget allocation
Serving as a Resource to National, Regional & Local Program Leadership:
The role will serve as a subject matter expert on Admissions, VITAS and industry standards, policies, procedures and processes.
- Develop customized training using tools for identified areas of opportunity
- Manage and analyze training efficiency and efficacy while providing key performance indicators and metrics provided to national, regional and local leadership teams identifying training compliance, staff training performance and outcomes, and areas of future development/improvement
- Ability to make onsite visits to support national, regional and program training needs
- Approximately 30 percent travel
- 5 years nursing preferred
- 1 year in a leadership role preferred
- Admissions experience preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in curriculum design and development
- An understanding of the dynamics of adult learning
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of industry policies and practices
- Ability to motivate and develop others
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with program leadership, patients, families, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Proficient with Microsoft products and comfortable learning new technologies
- Ability to assimilate large amount of data/information and analyze to uncover training needs within a data set
- Proficient with Excel and an ability to learn new tools (i.e. MS Teams, OneNote, SharePoint, PowerBI, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Current R.N. license
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V