Front End Developer- User Experience Designer
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Front End Developer- User Experience Designer||Information Technology||Cincinnati, OH 45202||Full-Time||03-10-2021|
- Collaborate and transform design concepts into finished well-executed user-facing experiences implementing modern techniques while balancing digital property health in the eyes of site crawlers.
- Design, develop and implement cross-browser and cross-platform content layouts and user interfaces, such as graphics and multimedia for web applications, web pages, and web components including mobile and web devices remaining consistent with brand guidelines.
- Manage digital component library and accompanying stylesheets.
- Proactively propose ideas to drive ongoing website improvements and scalability.
- Test cross-browser, cross-platform and cross-device compatibility for all new developments and participate in usability reviews.
- Optimize applications and sites for maximum speed and scalability.
- Partner with analytics team to ensure that experiences and interfaces capture valuable data aligned with business strategy.
- Capture web-based system requirements including desired experience, operational, and usability requirements.
- Maintain and enhance user interfaces to ensure ease of navigation and simplicity of development solutions.
- Support usability testing in partnership with marketing team, capturing results to incorporate feedback into site enhancements.
- Stay abreast on user interface trends and programming techniques and suggest new tools and methods as necessary with a “mobile-first” mindset.
- Evaluate and implement new technology to optimize user interface efficiency, reliability, usability, and scalability.
- Perform related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- 3+ years in front-end, user interface, and/or user experience development.
- Familiarity with C# and Polyfill.io.
- Familiarity with enterprise content management systems, Sitecore and .NET preferred.
- Experience in Visual Studio, code promotion via Git.
- Experience creating or maintaining component and style libraries (YAPL or similar).
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or comparable software suite.
- Strong online portfolio showcasing work and creative passion for modern, interactive design standards.
- Ability to work independently and balance competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to navigate within automated systems and proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, computer science, graphic arts or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent required. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V