Social Worker (SW) - Medicaid Caseworker - BSW
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Social Worker (SW) - Medicaid Caseworker - BSW||Allied Health/Social Services||Stratford, New Jersey 08084||Full-Time||11-08-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
The SW Caseworker is that member of patient care operations whose primary function is to assist in providing direct casework services to the patient and family within the hospice program of care.
- Provides assistance to the Corporate Patient Accounting Department in collection of claims with regards to their particular programs.
- Evaluates all patients considered for admission as Medicaid pending through completing a financial assessment.
- Takes a proactive role in the application process which includes submitting application, providing periodic updates with agency workers, gathering information and following up with the patient/family regarding their responsibilities and participation throughout this process.
- Actively works with the Admissions Department during the intake process to aid in establishing the correct payor source.
Full-time, Monday to Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM.
- Minimum of two (2) years social service experience in a health-care setting or social service agency.
- Experience as a social worker with the terminally ill and their families strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel per job requirements.
- Bachelor's of Social Work is required from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Licensure and/or Certification as required by the state.