Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Bedside Hospice Care
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Bedside Hospice Care||Nursing||Mount Laurel, New Jersey 08054||Per Diem||11-17-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Licensed Practical Nurse administers nursing care according to the plan of care to terminally ill patients admitted to the VITAS program, in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state where the VITAS program is located.
- Provides direct skilled bedside nursing care.
- Evaluates patient /family needs in the preparation and executions of the interdisciplinary plan of care for each patient on the team and the effectiveness of treatments and monitors patients reactions.
- Performs selected acts in care of the terminally ill under the direct supervision of a registered nurse; such acts include the administration of treatments and medications.
- Participates in Nurse LPN on- call rotation/schedule in order to meet the needs of patients and families.
Per Diem, 12 hour shits - days & overnights - Weekday & Weekends available.
- Currently licensed to practice nursing in the state where the VITAS program is located.
- At least one year, preferably two years, of satisfactory nursing experience, at least one year of which is as an LPN/LVN in a hospital, hospice, home health, or community health setting.
Graduate of an approved school of Practical/Vocational nursing