RN-National Patient Care Administrator- Chicago or NE Region
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|RN-National Patient Care Administrator- Chicago or NE Region||Management/Leadership||Lombard, Illinois 60148||Full-Time||08-02-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The National Patient Care Administrator supports the delivery of quality patient and family care by VITAS programs through monitoring, coaching, mentoring, and problem solving. The National PCA encourages program operational, admissions, and clinical management (particularly the Patient Care Administrator) to embrace the VITAS Values, VITAS Standards, and VITAS Best Practices. Each National PCA takes on specialty focus areas, such as patient advocacy, pharmacy management, inpatient care, and performance improvement.
- Proactively monitors, reviews, analyses and audits Vx and other reports in order to evaluate program and company performance and subsequently coaches programs via program-specific action plans
- Works with program leaders to assure that program processes reflect VITAS values, are cost effective, and that productivity and other VITAS standards are met
- Participates in the development of performance improvement and quality assurance standards, policies and procedures, educational materials, and measurable project plans to meet VITAS’ strategic goals
- Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to program clinical and management and staff to strengthen current performance and individual preparation for future advancement
- Monitors the “state of the art” in hospice and palliative care and identifies opportunities to improve VITAS patient care process accordingly
- Provides education and training to patient care and other leaders during national meetings, web-based learning opportunities, etc.
- Serve as the leader/expert in regulatory issues, compliance, and VITAS policies
- Collaborates with other departments to accomplish objectives
- Develops and manages employees within the department to assure that internal and external customer expectations are met or exceeded
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Five to seven years prior management experience, minimum of two years prior Vitas experience
- Prior fiscal and budgetary experience required, and the ability to analyze financial and management reports
- Must have in depth knowledge of Vitas policies and procedures, Vx, and an understanding of program processes
- Must have in depth knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function
- Ability to manage a staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work
- Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with community leaders, patients, families, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to travel frequently (50-75%)
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.