Supervisor IT Service Desk
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Supervisor IT Service Desk||Information Technology||Lombard, IL 60148||Full-Time||12-27-2019|
- Provide meaningful Service Desk statistics, track and report trends.
- Monitor ACD reports and proactively adjust staffing levels accordingly.
- Provide weekly efficiency reports such as staffing levels, # of calls answered, abandonment rates, # of tickets opened and closed, % of tickets escalated etc.
- Provide targeted metrics reports, such as aging reports and number of hand offs and time between and during hand offs.
- Create and maintain Knowledge Management database and report trends and issues weekly to the respective departments.
- Manages high urgency and high priority issues.
- Monitor open tickets and work orders to ensure they are handled properly.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, and make recommendations in these areas.
- Supervise staff as first-level leadership implementing strategies, processes, and guidelines
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow
- Evaluate and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates
- Observe and evaluate employees and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service is met
- Provide feedback regarding personnel actions such as new hire requests and
- discharges, to ensure proper staffing
- Attend meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required
- Prepares and delivers performance appraisals with oversight of department leader.
- Minimum six years experience in IT, preferably in an Enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of the service delivery and service support areas of the IT Infrastructure Library with specific experience in incident and problem management.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Ability to effectively apply the policies and practices involved in the human resources function
- Ability to supervise staff in an engaging environment maintaining workforce production and development
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization
- Ability to navigate within automated systems and proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
- Certified in ITIL foundations is desirable. Other certificates in related areas such as Microsoft is a plus.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.