Palliative Care Social Worker
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Palliative Care Social Worker||Allied Health/Social Services||Atlanta, Georgia 30318||Full-Time||05-16-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Perform palliative care consultations with patients and family members to provide emotional support and counseling, conduct ongoing psychosocial assessments, discuss goals of care and coordinate care across settings and caregivers.
- Maintain appropriate documentation in the patient chart.
- Educate facility staff, co-workers and the community on all aspects of palliative care and the services provided by VITAS Solutions, Inc.
- Attend and participate in internal VITAS Solutions palliative care team meetings.
- Work closely with members of the interdisciplinary team to provide quality patient care.
- Utilize a customer service approach in all interactions with VITAS customers.
- Provide clinical supervision to other team social workers at direction of supervisor.
- Adhere to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff and the organization.
- Participate in on-call rotation as needed.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Licensure or license eligible to practice Social Work in the state in which the position exists.
- At least two years social service experience in a health care setting or social service agency.
- Experience as a social worker with seriously ill patients and families preferred.
- Reliable transportation, current state driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
Master’s degree in Social Work.