Associate Regional Director HME Operations
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Associate Regional Director HME Operations||Management/Leadership||West Melbourne, Florida 32904||Full-Time||10-04-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Position will report directly to the SVPO-HME, with dotted line supervision support by Regional Director of Operations in the existing region. Associate director will be consistent in the administering, and coordination of the activities of their designated HME programs within an existing region in support of organizational and operational policies, goals, and objectives established by VITAS HME by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
- Advanced Customer Service Skills
- Develop strong working relationships and collaboration with program senior leadership teams
- Follows and implements all company policies and procedures.
- P&L oversight of HME service centers
- Directs the preparation of short-term and long-range plans based on broad corporate goals and growth objectives.
- Oversees managers (HME Managers and HME Operations Managers) who direct department activities that implement the organization's policies.
- Maintains a sound plan of corporate organization, establishing policies to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession.
- Develops and installs procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow within VITAS HME Solutions.
- Establishes operating policies consistent with the VITAS HME broad policies and objectives and ensures their execution.
- Evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to HME Solutions Senior Management through periodic established reporting processes
- Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and well understood.
- Routinely and systematically audits all operational polices, procedures and processes (at least annually) of each HME Branch location within the region.
- Ensures that all HME Solutions’ activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Participates in Performance Improvement initiatives
- Participates in traditional and e-learning programs.
- Will have responsibility for direct oversight of HME Managers and HME Operations Managers and respective service center disciplines, Warehouse and the Medical Service Technicians. In addition you will also work directly with the centralized Customer Service Department (ACCEL). Responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the HME Branch locations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with VITAS’ policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities could include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from VITAS Programs, patients, families and referral sources.
- Must be able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, Must have the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft applications, word processing software, spreadsheet software, accounting software and Internet software.
- The position requires travel but is not expected to be more than 50% of the time.
- Associate Director of HME Operations should have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university; or a minimum of five years related experience in a manager’s role that includes leading, guiding and managing people.