Home Medical Equipment (HME) - Warehouse Supervisor
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Home Medical Equipment (HME) - Warehouse Supervisor||Administrative/Clerical||West Melbourne, Florida 32904||Full-Time||07-19-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for the warehouse including all aspects of the equipment and medical supplies. Daily delivery routes, vehicle inspections, vehicle inventory levels, records keeping and proper documentation of oxygen cylinders. Responsible for performance reviews on warehouse lead technician and warehouse technicians.
- Educate and train the warehouse tech/MST on their job responsibilities.
- Maintain equipment inventory levels, create and submit orders of needed equipment to HME Manager.
- Maintain supply inventory levels, create and submit orders of needed supplies to the HME Manager.
- Maintain Oxygen Cylinder tracking logs. Make sure all staff is properly educated on the process.
- Review monthly cleaning and pest control schedules with warehouse tech.
- Make sure all new equipment received is identified and labeled correctly.
- Computer literate for accurate maintenance entries
- Schedule daily preventative maintenance into MST route
- Review equipment issues with the warehouse tech.
- Provide instruction and education to the staff on proper techniques on storing and securing equipment.
- Obtain a return demonstration to ensure understanding.
- Educate on the proper way to transport, handle and route medical equipment according to HME policies and procedures to comply with infection control, equipment maintenance, and safety.
- Educate HME staff on proper equipment operation.
- Review documentation of monthly and annual scheduled maintenance of equipment.
- Review maintenance schedule to make sure all equipment is serviced correctly and completely.
- Complete performance and safety checks on equipment at time of delivery.
- Educate warehouse and MST’s on safe and proper body mechanics relative to transporting, lifting and set-up of medical equipment.
- Review that warehouse and delivery techs adhere to all safety and security policy and procedures.
- Wear Steel-toed shoes as supplied by VITAS HME Solutions.
- Educate and review that delivery techs operate vehicles according to HME policies and procedures to assure compliance with OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Perform daily visual inspections of vehicles to assure safety.
- Responsible for the cleaning and service notice of vehicles.
- Load and unload equipment safely to assure no damage or injury.
- Responsible for monthly fleet inspections.
- Present equipment education to a level of understanding by HME staff.
- Immediately report to the HME Manager, equipment/staff issues and needs.
- Maintain accurate HME records in accordance with HME policies and procedures, i.e. equipment service forms, vehicle reports, manifests.
- Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
- Ability to mentor Warehouse Technicians.
- Document all incidents and issues as required.
- Oversee team’s ability to build and maintain rapport with internal and external customers.
- Receive equipment requests via telephone and fax and/or email. Review equipment needs with RNs and families and provide necessary follow-up communication of customer service.
- Attend and participate in related Company meetings and/or committees.
- Attend and successfully complete oxygen concentrator operation/service programs.
- Completion of all required training during first year of employment as outlined in Career Pathway.
- Perform other job duties as requested to include AOC.
- Perform on-call work as required.
- Maintain positive work relations with staff members.
- Demonstrate courteous behavior and be responsive to patients/families and other members of VITAS.
- Maintain a neat appearance wearing company supplied uniform and name badge.
- Demonstrate and ensure a commitment to quality of service in all decisions to comply with VITAS HME Standards.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for product lines and related processes.
- Coordinate delivery times with patient/families and MST, and schedule deliveries, pick-ups, and service by priority.
- Organize and route MST daily delivery.
- Organize daily office operations, i.e. schedule STAT orders, dispatch of MST, return phone calls, and assist Technicians with patient/family and VITAS HME staff communication.
- Function within Federal, State, Local, VITAS and professional guidelines and regulations.
- Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations with VITAS.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- High school level reading and math skills required.
- At least three years related experience is required.
- Working in a team environment and fostering leadership with a team
- Strong multi-tasking, problem solving, employee coaching skill and a sense of urgency are essential
- Highly organized – Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously prioritizing workload, and work in conjunction with department employees
- Strong Administrative Skills including strong customer service, phone and interpersonal skills
- PC Competent – Must possess strong MS Office skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and other database applications.
- Experience with the operation and repair of durable medical equipment preferred.
- Current driver’s license with a clean record, no points or accidents.
- Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Knowledge of VITAS service areas preferred, and ability to read and follow direction.
- Ability to work unsupervised in field exercising discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to physically access any home, nursing home, ALF, and hospital.
- Capable of lifting 100 pounds.
- Ability to use a small handle held scanner
- Must be able to use proper body mechanics relative to transporting, lifting and set-up of medical equipment.
- Load and Unload equipment safely
- Wear steel-toed shoes as supplied by VITAS HME.
- Wear company supplied uniform and name badge.
- Must be able to utilize transport devices provided by Vitas HME.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.