Sr. Revenue Cycle SQL Analyst
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Sr. Revenue Cycle SQL Analyst||Professional Non-Clinical||Miramar, Florida 33025||Full-Time||01-22-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Sr. Revenue Cycle SQL Analyst is responsible for developing effective and high quality healthcare revenue cycle analytics that meet business requirements, using SQL programming, EDI and HIPAA standards. This role supports the revenue cycle management (RCM) team by providing daily and ad-hoc report extracts and analysis of data pertinent to identifying gaps in process that negatively impact revenue and reimbursement. Handles all routine and ad-hoc report requests from RCM leadership in an efficient and accurate manner. Provides analysis regarding charges, collections and reimbursement and payment activity patterns to help identify trends and research issues related to reimbursement, billing, contracting and overall process. The analyst is responsible for taking large sets of often-complex data and summarizing the information to draw meaningful business conclusions that help RCM leadership identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with RCM Leadership in the development of dashboards to provide daily/weekly/monthly snapshots of key performance indicators (KPIs) for each revenue cycle team.
- Analyzes clinical and other upstream data sources to assist with identifying gaps in workflow. Conduct business analysis, collect business requirements and translate them into BI Solutions leveraging best practices
- Analyze trends and problem areas for efficiencies and revenue generation using business and technical tools.
- Provide technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Work with databases (SQL Server and/or Oracle), PL/SQL programming, writing complex queries using joins, pivots and views.
- Work with EDI HIPAA 5010 Standards like 270/271, 835, 837, 276/277 and 837 NOE.
- Utilize statistical data quality procedures or test driven approach for quality assurance.
- Use strong analytical skills to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Communicate with and present, with a high degree of comfort, to senior executives' as needed.
- Visualize and report insights creatively in a variety of formats to various stakeholders.
- Helps to manage the process of requested system enhancements and fixes to ensure that system issues are being investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- 5+ years SQL experience with writing complex queries in MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL or similar databases.
- 3+ years of experience working in EDI HIPAA standards like 837 and 835.
- Strong analytical skills in interpreting data and developing queries to measure trends & present findings.
- Healthcare billing or revenue cycle industry experience is preferred.
- Experience in generating large data extracts and reports is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in packages like SSIS, SSRS is desirable but not required.
- Knowledge of agile software development process and performance metric tools
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization
- Ability to navigate within automated systems and proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering, information management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university.