Call Center Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Telecare
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Call Center Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Telecare||Nursing||Miramar, Florida 33025||Part-Time||06-20-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The VITAS Healthcare Telecare LPN is a member of the interdisciplinary team who is responsible for identifying the physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of those patients and families needing assistance during alternate hours. All clinical tasks for this supporting position will be performed under the collaboration and direction of the Telecare RN as needed.
- Provide clinical assessment and intervention utilizing the nursing process, VITAS Palliative Care Guide, and triage protocols.
- Coordinate all service delivery after hours including patient and family education, dispatching of interdisciplinary visits, and coordination of services with external vendors and resources as needed.
- Provide support and collaboration with Telecare staff to ensure favorable patient outcomes.
- Provide bereavement support to families.
- Document interactions with patients, families, contacts, and vendors in the patient record to include the assessment, plan of care, caller agreement to the plan, any actions and interventions and the resolution of each patient/family interaction.
- Participate in the orientation of new team members as assigned by the supervising manager.
- Attend regularly scheduled in-services, staff meetings, and educational conferences.
- Develop and achieve professional growth goals and objectives and reviews with supervising manager on a monthly basis.
- Represent nursing and VITAS Healthcare in a positive manner.
- Seek certification in the specialty of hospice nursing when qualified to do so.
- Instruct and document appropriate use of medications, home medical equipment and supplies.
- Appropriately utilize the resources of contract personnel such as Pharmacy, HME, agency staff, and transportation services.
- Promote a customer service-oriented approach to care delivery.
- Support and promote all Care Connection Center cultural platforms
- Compliance with all departmental standards, policies, and procedures with training and education, management of the workload, disaster planning, attendance, adherence, and quality standards
- Support the VITAS mission, core values, and Care Connection Center cultural platforms at all times.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- A minimum of two years’ experience in acute-care hospital nursing in either medical-surgical, oncology, home health, or emergency preferred
- Two years of customer service/call center experience preferred
- Eligible for licensure in other states VITAS Triage services are located.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as demonstrated effective telephone skills.
- Ability to work as a team player and multi-task.
- Proficient in customer conflict resolution and crisis management.
- Proficient in telephone techniques including phone etiquette, and handling of calls.
- Thorough knowledge of professional nursing principles, methods and procedures; anatomy and physiology; medical supplies and equipment used in nursing practice; and the uses and effects of medications and narcotics.
- Working knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to registered nursing and the scope of practice limitations of clinic support staff.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as necessary to support the operations of the Care Connection Center.
- Ability to type 40 WPM
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
- Current Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse License (with no current/pending restrictions) required.