CCC Sr Cont Care After Hour Coordinator
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|CCC Sr Cont Care After Hour Coordinator||Customer Service||Miramar, Florida 33025||Full-Time||03-15-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The CCC Sr Cont Care After Hour Coordinator is responsible for effectively processing calls, answer general questions, provides information, and staffs patients on CC (Continuous Care) with VITAS and resource staff and assists in filling needs for after-hours visits with VITAS staff.
- Effectively process calls in a systematic and organized manner following Care Connection Center scripts, policies, and procedures.
- Promptly answer and screen incoming calls, with appropriate escalation as needed.
- Utilize Continuous Care Scheduling tool to monitor for staffing needs and confirm assignments for assigned programs; reassigns staff as needed
- Review list of staff availability to ensure patient needs meet staff assigned
- Provide pro-active notification to Program Management of inability to assign staff for a CC patient
- Ensure timely and accurate documentation on the Shift-Report
- Take ownership and resolve all customer service issues with first call resolution whenever possible.
- Maintain compliance with all departmental standards; policies and procedures, training and education, workforce management, disaster planning, effectively managing and prioritizing work tasks, attendance, adherence, and quality.
- Perform additional, elevated opening, closing, and staffing operations tasks.
- Mentor new CC Afterhours Coordinator team members with onboarding and probationary period of employment.
- Support ongoing development of all CC Afterhours Coordinator team members in coordination with all Care Connection Center initiatives and programs.
- Develop effective relationships with the Care Connection Center and all other department teams.
- Support Telecare Operations with Sr. Patient Care Coordinator responsibilities as needed
- Escalate any and all concerns and/or needs to the appropriate Care Connection Center management team member.
- Other duties and special projects as determined by the department supervisor or director.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Two or more years related experience in medical terminology and/or in a call center environment
- Ability to attain goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining strong partnering relationships with internal and external callers
- Superior ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the customer interaction to include both verbally and in writing to provide a concierge level of service
- Type a preferred 50 WPM
- Prior experience in working collaboratively with other functional leaders to drive action plans
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple responsibilities and work on various assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as necessary to support the operations of the Care Connection Center
- Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization
- Ability to navigate within automated systems and proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Bilingual in Spanish/English a plus
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
- Business office education or training desired.