Billing & Collections Manager
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Billing & Collections Manager||Accounting/Finance/Billing||Miramar, Florida 33025||Full-Time||12-02-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Provides direction to the staff to ensure billing and collections are accurate and timely. This position will work with all levels of management in order to reach the corporate goals identified by Senior Management.
- Manage all activities related to Vitas' Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial Billing; and Commercial Collection functions for hospice patients.
- Enforce policies and procedures according to administrative and legal requirements.
- Adhere to budget and operating plan.
- Monitor AR performance within B&C and maintain corporate standards for days outstanding (DSO) and write-offs.
- Become knowledgeable with commercial contracts.
- Become knowledgeable with the VX system.
- Conduct performance evaluations for all direct reports.
- Interact on a frequent basis with all levels of management and personnel.
- Prepare, analyze and present reports as required.
- Familiar with industry best practices with respect to commercial billing and collections.
- Expertise in both government and non-government reimbursement issues.
- Work with IT staff to improve and automate processes.
- Plans, organizes, and controls the activities related to the assigned function
- Organizes, manages, and directs the work of the employees in the assigned procurement function
- Oversees the assignment of duties, responsibilities and workstations to employees
- Observes and evaluates employees and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met
- Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to subordinates to strengthen their current performance and preparation for future advancement
- Approves personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure proper staffing
- Provides approval for overtime needs
- Creates a model that supports the organization's mission and values based on an internal and external needs assessment.
- Monitors the internal/external environment and identifies opportunities to fulfill the corporate strategy.
- Sets priorities for planning activities for assigned unit.
- Serves as strategic liaison for key organizational initiatives between business units and their customers, both internal and external.
- Assesses current models of business operations and develops appropriate new models as needed.
- Participates in policy development.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Proven 2+ years management experience in a multi-health care accounts receivable, billing and collections environment
- Computer literate including extensive experience in Micro Soft Business applications (i.e. Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication, presentation and customer service skills
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function
- Ability to manage a staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work
- Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent required.